Mr. Costa holds a variety of certifications that include the carpentry apprentice program through Guam Community College, National Center for Construction Education and Research Certified Train the Trainer Carpentry Instructor, Construction Quality Management for contractors, Safety Trained Supervisor by the council of health, environmental, and safety technologists, and OSHA and first aid and CPR certified.
He has over 25 years’ experience with an exceptional record of success within the construction industry and a strong background in overseeing million dollar commercial and government projects in the U.S, Micronesia (Guam and Saipan) and Marshall Islands. Extensive knowledge and leadership in Construction Demolition, Environmental Remediation, QA/QC/Field Engineering, Budgeting and Cost Control, Subcontractor and Crew Supervision, Infrastructure Improvement Projects, Site Safety and OSHA Compliance, Change Order Management, Providing Bids, Estimates and Proposals, Scheduling and Implementing Construction Methods.
- Imperial Pacific Resort and Casino, Saipan
- GWA – Asan Sewer Line Repairs
- Dusit Thani Hotel, Guam
- Coast 360 Credit Union, Guam
- DODEA Guam High School, Guam
- Naval Station CDC Warehouse, Guam
- Kwajalein Cold Storage Facility and Tanks Repair
- Hendorson City Hall, Nevada
- Blythe Energy Plant, California
- National Missile Defense Launch Test Facilities, Meck Island US Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Island
- Repair and Alter Bachelor Office Quarters, Guam
- DODEA Milcon Elem/Middle School, Guam
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Carpentry Apprenticeship Program, GCC
- Heavy Equipment Operations, GCC
- Representative assigned the responsibility and authority for the daily coordination and direction of the project.
- Ensures safety.
- Managed budgets
- Ensures safe productivity of concrete foundations, footings, walls, and suspended slabs.
- Fully aware of the commercial & contractual aspects of any project.
- Managing a diverse team of professionals.
- Resolving/escalating issues in a timely fashion.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
- Having a client focused approach to work.
- Results driven; forward thinking with a problem-solving mentality.
- Possessing a firm understanding of multiple project management methods.
- Can mentor and coach project managers in modern methodologies and techniques.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment.
- US Department of Labor Apprentice Certificate in Carpentry
- CPR and First Aid
- Certified Train the Trainer
- Peri Certified Concrete Form Systems
- US Army Corps of Engineers CQM